Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Brand 2.0 customer experience

I kid you not! this is what happened today and though I may never use the product, I have been positively influenced.
My friend, Ramesh R, from Singapore, shares a lot of interesting YouTube vids on my Funwall in Facebook!
here's the one he sent!

and then, I checked out the next one, by which time, the whole business of interrupt-based Viral Marketing had started seeming interesting, so much so I actually went and did a Google News on the company, and then, had I been in the US and looking at a way to get my mortgage I probably would have given them a call- 6 months ago!

The company is now in the deep end of the sub-prime loans crisis- the first Google result throws up a cryptic message Ameriquest Mortgage Company is no longer accepting loan applications.

Oops!

So what would have been a great Brand 2.0 customer experience? something that starts with a friend showing you something interesting on FaceBook, linking on from YouTube, which you go and Google and while you're wondering, well was this worth your time, quite serendipitously, it finds the way into your mindspace via outdoors ads, events, maybe even TV ads, or print! each message interestingly using the media that it is served upon, to give you that one
thought- in this category, Z is the Brand I must Be!

No comments: